Monday, October 18, 2010

DESIGNER INTERVIEW
Applonia Criss

Name: Applonia Criss.

SL Rezz Day: December of 2007.

How did you get into Fashion Design?
By accident LOL I wanted something in a color and I made it.

What inspired you to get into Fashion Design?
Hmm... Lot's of things... I wanted to explore my creative side and being that I have an RL Fashion Background it seemed sort of Natural to try it here in this reality.

How you describe your line of clothing?
It is a Mix of my Personality for the Modern Sophisticate who's Energetic Loves Classics with a Modern Edge.

What's your favourite piece to wear? Why?
Hee I'm such a Girly girl both in RL as well in SL. I'm always in a dress or something. All my pieces are my fave LOL

You have to pick one outfit from all your creations as your favourite work. What's your choice and why?
The VERY BEST dress I ever made in SL. Because it allowed me to see all the possibilities that I can create from that and now, when I pull it out I'm reminded of how far I've come creatively as well as my Technique has grown.

You have other Designer(s) that you admire? Who? And why?
OMG!! SOOO many LOL. My faves that inspired me MUCH to get in this crazy Fashion World I love would have to be the Lu Sisters of Paper Couture and Minnu Palen and Thora Charron of LeLutka. They have pushed the envolope as far as technique and design for me in this metaverse. I am truly inspired by many others but at the moment they stand out in my head.

What advice do you have for young woman/men who want to be a Fashion Designer?
Hmm... Dare to dream and never give up on them! Stay true to your vision no matter what the critics say after all it's YOUR Second LIFE!! :)

I had the pleasure to Interview one of the Best Designers in the grid! I want to thank Applonia Criss for her time to make this Interview! And please, visit CHANTKARE, I'm sure you'll love her outstanding designs! If you want an idea of her work, please see the next 2 designs of her Fall/Winter 2010 Collection...

Dress: Momi Dress (Peach) in CHANTKARE
Jewelry: Adalia Jewelry Set in *ICED*
Shoes: Ballet Floral Shoes (Brown) in CHANTKARE
Hair: Sadie Hair (Champagne) in Bliss Couture
Pose: Ulaa in {.:exposeur:.}
Dress: Morgan Dress (Forest) in CHANTKARE
Jewelry: Sascha Necklace (Sky) in §GaNKeD§
Shoes: BM Skootch Flats (Blues & Greens) in Baby Monkey
Hair: Heather Hair (Sugar) in Bliss Couture
Pose: Willis in {.:exposeur:.}